14.9.10

Introducing...UrbanArtsLive! (TM)

     I have opened a new web page on Blogger for my Children's Creative Arts Program, UrbanArtsLive!(TM) promoting healthy lifestyles for kids through art. Art was always my favorite subject in school, and my projects were always a little "different"...which was not always encouraged at the time. When I was four, I remembered painting a ceramic ear of corn lime green and being criticized by the arts and crafts teacher because everyone knew that corn was yellow. But what he didn't realize was that my grandmother grew corn in our backyard, and it was green at the time, so I painted it green! I also remember getting in trouble with the meanest Kindergarten teacher in the world (who I believe really hated kids) for making a mess with the paint...This is Kindergarten, remember?

    All of my art experiences weren't bad ones, but I always looked forward to creating something that no one had ever seen before. Once I started working with children I realized that art was the one time that they didn't fight, enjoyed what they were doing, and stayed on task. They would constantly ask: '"Is this art day?" Even the ones who didn't want to participate at first changed their minds and joined in for a few minutes.  I have directed art projects for service learning projects, where kids created artworks for patients at the Children's Hospital, put up a mural at the Police station, and made a Freedom banner that was carried  in the Independence Day Parade.

    This is the gift that God has given me, and I am believing that someone will see what I do, catch the vision and that He will prosper me with it, while inspiring kids to create art that will help others. It's not about becoming a great artist, it's about creating beauty in a sometimes not-so-beautiful world. I encourage kids in my art classes to look at the concept, and then create something of their own that is different from everyone else's.I sending this out to the universe and praying for the four winds to carry the voice...of UrbanArtsLive!(TM)

    Please go to: urbanartzlive.blogspot.com

    Blessings...Wynne

No comments: